- Don't over do it. Filling your blog and front pages with anything and everything is a strict no-no. I have seen many a blogs where there would be one too many widgets, coupons, ads and links that make me feel suffocated and like wanting to rush out from a crowded place.
- On the contrary, don't just fill the post with words without giving any images. At least one relevant photo with your original credit is ideal for your blog.
- If your blog is about food, i.e. a recipe blog, clearly tell the preparation time, cooking time, calorie content and how many people would the dish serve from the quantity you have mentioned.
- If yours is a technical blog and through your posts you are giving value added services, it is all the more important to be user friendly, clear and precise. Check yourself before giving any widget or a code. If it doesn't work properly, the result could be counter productive.
- If you are writing about health, alternative medicines, diet and weight loss etc, a first person account would be most appreciated as people would feel confident to follow such methods, if you yourself have practised these simple but sure healthy steps to achieve weight loss.